Recipe: Coconut Pecan Banana Bread
I like bananas and I like bread. Naturally, a post about banana bread would make it's way on here eventually. Finding the perfect banana bread recipe is an ongoing endeavor. There are so many recipes, so many variations. I'm beginning to believe there is not one "perfect" recipe, but rather there are many great recipes of this old-time classic.
Coconut Pecan Banana Bread
Recipe adapted from Janet's Rich Banana Bread
You will need
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 sour cream
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
2 ripe bananas, mashed well
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Spray 4 mini-loaf pans with non-stick spray or grease with oil
3. Combine melted butter and sugar in one bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract . Stir to combine.
4. In another bowl, combine next three ingredients then add butter mixture, sour cream, pecans, coconut and bananas. Mix well.
5. Divide between 4 mini loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes, rotating halfway through baking, or until center is set and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
6. Let cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.