Recipe: Chocolate Chip and Peanut Blondies
Odds are that by this time next year my waistline will most likely triple in size. It may be time I invest in that treadmill I've always wanted.
I have to admit that for a moment, I thought about sabotaging my co-workers diets by purposely bringing in baked treats so that I wouldn't be the only one feeling guilt for indulging in them every now and then.
But then again, baked treats are not to blame.
Blame it on willpower. Which I obviously lack.
I cut half of the batch into 2x2 inch squares to control self-inflicted guilt.
What I noticed was that of the ones that were cut into tiny pieces, my co-workers had gobbled up the equivalent of two large bars without ever noticing.
Be aware. Will power can sometimes be evil.
Chocolate Peanut Blondies
Adapted from Bon Appetit
Makes about 9 large bars, or 36 mini bars
You will need
Small Mixing Bowl
Medium Mixing Bowl
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (packed) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 8x8 inch square baking pan. Tap out excess flour and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir until well combined. Cool mixture for 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and vanilla. Add to cooled butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined.
5. Combine together wet ingredients, flour mixture, chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter onto prepared baking dish and bake 30 - 35 minutes or until thin crust develops and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool on rack for 1 1/2 - 2 hours before cutting.